This morning I created a layout featuring Ella that celebrates the story of her neat and tidy tendencies using my current 5 favorite aA digital products listed above.
1. Create Foundation. Create a new 12 X 12 layout and select an artsy paper from the ArtPlay Palette of your choice to create the foundation to your layout. Use the Move tool from the Tools Palette to drag the paper onto the new layout.
2. Focal Photo. Stamp a FotoBlendz clipping mask on a new layer and clip your focal image to the mask using the clipping mask function in Photoshop or Elements. See this video for visual guidance on using brushes in Photoshop and Elements.
3. Using Artsy Layered Templates. You can use one of these templates in it's entirety by dragging all the layers on to your layout, or just use parts of the template. I like to use the FramedMask arrangements and textbox to speed up the process of layout creation. Select one or more layers in the Layers palette by holding down the CTRL button on your keyboard, before clicking on all the layers you wish to include. Move the layers using the Move tool from the Tools palette.
4. Modify Frames. Re-arrange the frames on your layout as desired, duplicating or deleting frames as needed. Deleting the mask layer and erasing, or selecting/cutting, the underlying shadow layer from the frame area is a great way to create a double-framed effect drawing focus to details in a larger photo. Notice how the smaller frame draws the eye to the *vase* of lollips in the layout about.
Select the Magic Wand tool from the Tools palette and click on the frame layer in the Layers palette. Click inside the frame window on your layout to yield *marching ants* or an animated dashed line selection. Go to Select> Modify> Expand, enter a value of 2 pixels and click OK. Select the underlying frame shadow layer and press the Delete button on your keyboard to create an empty frame with shadow.
5. Embellish. Stamp UrbanStitchez in black on new layers using the Painbrush tool in the Tools palette. See this video for visual guidance on using brushes in Photoshop and Elements. Add elements from your chosen ArtPlay Palette and apply realistic drop shadow styles such as these.
6. Title. Stamp a title from the WordART pack of your choice, in a co-ordinating color, using the same brush techniques for the clipping mask and embellishment steps. Consider rotating yor title by 90, or even 180, degrees to create a different look or better fit the design of your layout.
7. Journaling. Resize the textbox you moved from the Artsy Layered Template to you layout and adjust to accommodate the page design. Select the Text tool from the Tools palette, click on the current text in the box to activate the text, then drag the corners and sides of the textbox inwards/outwards to resize as desired. Select all the text in the textbox then begin typing your story to complete your page.
aA Store SALE. Just a quick reminder that all digital products are discounted by 30%, excluding GiftKardz, Licenses, NewReleases (which are discounted by 20%) and product released in the last 4 weeks.
This offer is valid through Monday 28 July 2014 at 9pm EST only.