I'm a little late bringing you these.... Last week ended abruptly with a failing hard drive. Happy to have my main PC back up and running!
I'm not a great believer in resolutions but I do like the idea of listing goals to help guide me through my year. Last year I listed 12 goals for the new year and I achieved most of them. Drinking more water and getting more sleep continue to be, and always have been, a struggle for me. I forget to drink because I become absorbed in what I'm doing and I've always had the mindset that I will be able to sleep for eternity when I'm dead. Clearly, more work is needed on these two aspects of my life
As we enter 2013, I have a If it aint broke, why fix it? attitude. My life is, not just full, but bursting at the seams most days, but I'm not sure I'd have it any other way. I'm happy and healthy, have an awesome family and good friends. I love my work and like my life which could be why I struggled to happen upon a One Little Word for 2013. After much thought, I finally settled on Embrace. It's the attitude I want to carry with me throughout the new year. I want to be grateful for and embrace it all. Bruce Sallan's New Years List: 7 Attitudes for Gratitude is very inspiring.
- I will continue my modified Paleo diet and active lifestyle. Austin, my Aussie, insists on it.
- I want to be more mindful about wearing sunscreen especially in the winter months and on my early morning runs.
- I want to take a photo a day about me in 2013 and have them printed in a photo book at the end of the year. I have so few photos of me and have struggled in the past with self-portraits. Last year I got comfortable with the idea and this year I'm going for it, having chanced upon this Let's try a 365 Project? post by Elsie Flannigan. I just keep thinking how cool this book would be for my family should anything ever happen to me. I'm just going to take it one day at a time and upload my images weekly. You can follow my progress here.
- I'm commited to a digital Project Life style project using FotoInspired Template Pack No. 2 series combined with ArtPlay Palettes and ArtsyKardz.
- I want to bring education in ArtPlay to the aA store.
Do you make resolutions or set goals for the New Year? Have you started a new photo project? I loved this 7 Photo Projects to Start on January 1st by Photojojo and the creativity used in these resolutions at Design Sponge. Perhaps something to inspire you.
If you're looking for inspiration to maintain momentum during your 2013 photo adventure, look no further that Katrina Kennedy's newest workshop, Inspired 2013. Katrina is not only a photography guru but has the ability to make photography simple. Join her for a year long exploration of inspiration and creativity that will not diappoint. Learn more about the workshop and register here.