- Rotate the Template. Rotate the entire template by 90, or in this case 180 degrees, to create an instant adjustment, then corrected reverse text and odd shadowing by rotating layers individually.
- Modify Masks with Brushes. Use brushes from any of the ArtPlay Palettes to modify masks within the templates or create your own variations.
- Replace Frames. Replace single frames with mutii-photo frames to incoporate more photos into your layout. I used a triple-photo frame from FotoInspired Frames No. 2.
- Make It Artsy. Messy paint additions to any layout add instant artsy flair. I added paint between the background and clipped image layers to create separation and unique interest.
- Subtitles. A larger body of journaling can be easier to read when broken up by subtitles. In this case, I re-used the days of the week which creates continuity with one of my previous pages and establishes a pattern.
- ArtsyKardz. Clip the layers from the ArtsyKardz .psd file to a mask and move your photo within these layout to find the best fit, then add the blending mode of your choice. Remember that you can turn any of the layers off/and or recolor other layers as desired. Find more information on this technique here.
- Personalize. Add your family monogram to your layout by embellishing an element. This makes a great *filler* for an open space in a layout.
Layouts from the AnnaTeam. More Project 365/Life/52 inspiration from some members of the aA team. Click on the layouts for complete supply lists and to learn more about their process.
Week 8 | By Heather Prins
Week 9 | By Valerie Campo (ValeJules)