Members of the AnnaTeam have come together to share a selection of their favorite aA products to help you with your shopping during the Anniversary Sale. You may also be interested in previous AnnaEssential posts.
1. Clipping Masks. These masks come in all shapes and sizes and can be delivered in .abr and or .png format. They are designed to be used with the clipping mask function in Photoshop or Elements, or recolored and used as a page accent. You can also apply blending modes to these masks to achieve different results.
Eszter loves the WaterColor FotoBlendz which currently includes 2 sets, WaterColor FotoBlendz 1 and WaterColor FotoBlendz No. 2. She likes to use multiple masks in her pages converting them to Smart Objects before clipping images, transfers and digital papers to them. Guidance on clipping masks, recoloring and applying blending modes can be found in the Instructions for Use eBooklet available as a free download from the store.
Marnie loves the 12 X 12-sized FotoBlendz that extend the width and/or height of your layouts. She especially likes the 12 X 12 Page FotoBlendz No. 3. Marnie says, "It's so much fun to see my original page transformed into a more complex version of itself simply by clipping a completed flattened layout to one of these FotoBlendz!"
Happy 29th Maggie | Marnie333
2. ArtsyKardz. ArtsyKardz are layered card files delivered in various sizes in .psd and .jpg format. The multiple layers invite maximum customization allowing you to move, recolor, clip and apply blending modes to any of the layers. Brigitta loves the versatility of these cards. She particularly likes the old world and romantic feel of ArtsyKardz Vintage Rose which are perfect for finishing her wedding album. You can learn more about how to use ArtsyKardz in the weekly MidWeek Release posts.
Adryane's likes the 6 X 6 ArtsyKardz, especially 6 X 6 ArtsyKardz Tangier. She says, "The 6 X 6 canvas works nicely with the 12 X 12 format. You simply have to drop one on the page and you have a pre-defined space to work with. This size is also easy to enlarge to 12 X 12 if you prefer to work on the whole page."
Stylish | Adryane
3. ArtPlay Palettes. Otherwise known as PageSets or Digital Scrapbooking Kits, these color-themed or subject-specific collections include a large variety of papers, transfers, overlays, elements, wordART and brushes designed so you can create artsy blended layouts quickly and easily using simple techniques.
Ablaze | Traumelfe
Chris likes to add a watercolor feel to her layouts using the papers in ArtPlay Palette Seafoam. Paper 6 happens to be a beautiful base for blended color. She says, "Simply adjust the color, contrast and blending mode of your photo, add brushes and transfers with varying modes and opacities and your page will look like a watercolor painting."
Sunny in SoCal | Casbury
Joanie has always lived by the ocean and so she creates a lot of beach layouts. She also gravitates toward these colors for her other pages, to include heritage pages, and for this reason she loves ArtPlay Palette Salty Living.
Where The Sea Meets The Shore | Tylertoo
4. WordART. These sets include 8-10 premade arsty or clean style titles, quotes and sayings enabling you to quickly add words to your pages in a visually pleasing manner. Valerie always uses wordART on her pages when she is looking for the perfect sentiment or a springboard for the direction of her journaling. She likes to recolor the titles in different ways and clip digital papers, transfers and FotoGlows to them.
5. ArtStrokes. ArtStrokes are available as individual sets and may also be included with ArtPlay Palettes. They lend a hand-drawn artsy look to your pages. Lindy particularly likes the Jazzed up LoopDaLoops No. 3 which are delivered in layered .psd format. Lindy says, "I love the Jazzedup LoopDaLoops because they are embellished with elements, cast drop shadows and artsy paint and provide that added bonus. I use them in my layouts to add an extra artsy touch, create the perception of movement, and draw attention to specific focal points."
6. Templates. These layered files are available as collections, single or double-page spreads and make short work of creating complete photo books or projects. Heather likes the FotoWallet Album Template series because each template accommodates multiple photos making them perfect to create a vacation album or document a photo-filled event.
Donna also loves the FotoInspired DoublePage Template series. She says, "I was not much of a layered template user until I met the FotoInspired series." She does not create layouts with lots of photos but likes to combine the masks in these templates with ArtsyKardz. She adds, "Anna has done all the creative work with ArtsyKardz so just a little play time is required."
7. Brushes. Otherwise known as digital stamps, have a little more flexibility than their traditional counterparts in that they can be resized as desired. You will find brushes as individual sets in BrushSets or as part of the ArtPlay Palettes. Vicki says, "I love all of Anna's brushes..they are like magic!" She uses brushes on their own layers, applies layer styles and adjusts the layer properties to yield interesting textures and patterns. She adds, "It's like there are lots of cool surprises hidden in those brushes for you to find! There is always more to the brushes (and masks as well) than meets the eye!" The Bevel and Emboss is her favorite Layer Style to apply to brushes, and if she had to choose, the Distressed Toolset No. 7 would be her favorite collection of brushes. She says, "You can get so many different textures and effects out of just one set of these brushes!"