Free Video Tutorial. Download and watch the FotoInspired #1 | 5 Step Process which demonstrates my basic FotoInspired layout creation process broken down into 5 easy steps.
Using Watercolor Brushes. I shared 3 Techniques Using Watercolor Brushes to create artsy layouts last week, and there is a PaintIT challenge currently posted in the Oscraps forum. I'm quite enchanted by this medium at the moment and love the artsy look watercolors can easily lend to any page.
This week, I have incorporated some watercolor brushes into my FotoInspired layouts to add vibrant color and artsy appeal to my stories. The WatercolorFlower brushes are stamped in colors that co-ordinate with those in my photos, onto new layers, with Vivid Light blending mode applied to each layer. Notice how the flowers randomly overlay the photos and masked layers.
- Create a new layer
- Select the Paint Brush tool from the Tools panel.
- Choose and select the flower brush desired.
- Click on the Foreground Color swatch at the bottom of the Tools panel to activate the Color Picker.
- Click on a color in a photo that you wish to sample. Aim to select bright and bold colors. Click OK to change the Foreground Color to the color sampled.
- Stamp the brush on the new layer and apply a Vivid Light blending mode by clicking on the Normal tab at the top of the Layers panel to activate and clicking Vivid Light from the list of available options.
- Repeat as desired to add artsy flair to your pages.
Additional resources on this topic:
Layouts from the AnnaTeam. More Proect 365/Life/52 inspiration from some members of the aA team. Click on the layouts for complete supply lists and to learn more about their process.