Eric made a fleeting trip home again this weekend. Earlier in the year we had booked tickets to see Ellie Goulding at Red Rocks. We were running around all weekend cramming what we had to do in the few days we were able to spend together but this was definitely the highlight of this particualr trip.
This was E and L’s first concert experience. Eric has been promising to take me for the last 18 years since my first trip to Denver. Nestled in the Red Rocks of the Rocky Mountains the view of Denver’s city lights in the background is awesome in itself. We arrived early enough to see the 2 supporting acts *Love Life* and *Conway* as well as a few unexpected life experiences.
It was quite the field trip. Eric and I were not the oldest there, but close, and there weren’t as many pre-teens as we had expected. There was the girl who passed out from intoxication in the row in front who was carried away by medics before the show started and the strong scent of *skunk* permeating through the crowd for the duration of the show. We live in Denver after all. E and L took it all in their stride. Ella decided heavy drinking was perhaps not a god idea at such venues meanwhile Luke was more concerned about the second hand cigarette smoke he was inhaling.
Ellie Goulding did not disappoint. Hands down the best concert I have seen. She’s still quite unknown in the US but such a talented singer and musician. She’s not yet been ruined by fame and fortune. Ella danced, sang, took lots of photos and was in her element. Luke not so much. He played it cool and am sure was glad a bad back held me back. What an amazing night! 2 May 2014, Red Rocks Amphitheater Colorado.
The Process Notes. This layout was quick and easy to put together using the latest AnnaRelease and the current Free With Purchase MiniPalette. The basic design is centered on a focal photo clipped to a FotoBlendz mask and supported by several framed images. Placement of the photos is guided by the design elements in the artsy background paper.
- Open artsy paper background from ArtPlay MiniPalette Cherish (Free with $25.00 pruchase from aA Designs for a limited time).
- Move frames from Artsy Layered Template No. 143 onto the paper, duplicate and rotate as needed, to accommodate your selected photos.
- Clip focal photo to mask from WaterColor FotoBlendz No.3 and place over painted white area of artsy paper.
- Add FotoGlows from CoolGlows No. 4 and RetroGlows No. 1 with Hard Light and Vivid Light blending modes applied. Adjust the hue of the glows using the Hue and Saturation tool as need to co-ordinate with your images.
- Load .abr file from Culitvate WordART No. 3, select the Paint Brush tool from the Tools panel. Choose the title of your choice and stamp title on new layer in color of your choice. A a second title to a new layer on top of the first, in a co-ordinating color with Vivid Light blending mode applied.
- Embellish with UrbanThreadz No. 3 and elements from ArtPlay MiniPalette Cherish.